Complimentary admission to this event and a gift basket was provided in order to facilitate this post. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
I love the Property Brothers. That’s why I accepted an invitation to the first-ever Mr. Clean Moving Institute, hosted by Jonathan Scott. He is the versatile Renaissance man Property Brother with the big smile, perfect hair, plaid shirt, and custom boots. His home renovations on lifestyle series Property Brothers, Brother vs Brother, and Buying and Selling always give me big ideas.
Ours is a fifty year old fixer-upper. While hubby and I would love to do a complete sweep on home decor, appliances and furnishings must wait for time and money. Roof, railing, deck, AC and heating upgrades come first.
Jonathan advises houses should be viewed in terms of owner need, organization style, budget, and personal preference in short what really matters. Then he goes on to say a clean house gives 5K added value to housing deals. Wow! Kitchen, bathroom, cabinets, furniture, walls – I know I need all the help I can get because I loathe housecleaning.
Jonathan guides celebrity guest actress-model Ashley Greene through Mr. Clean’s #15MinRenoTips, which I will now share with you.
Mr. Clean helps you achieve a standard of clean that can make a significant difference in value and aesthetics, and could mean avoiding replacement purchases. With loads of surprising uses, from restoring luster to floors, reviving tired-looking appliances or refreshing your walls without having to repaint, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power and Concentrated Multi-Surface Cleaner are the #15MinReno tools you can’t (and won’t want to) be without!
- Remove your tired, old cabinet doors in favor of an instant, updated open-shelving look! Mr. Clean Concentrated Multi- Surface Cleaner can help you clean up the inside of your cabinets and get them looking like new again.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power is sure to give your home that like-new sparkle on a variety of surfaces. It works wonders on that pesky stove top, where grease and grime accumulate in tough to clean crevices.
- A kitchen sink has to stand up to a lot of grease and can become stained over time. Before spending the money and time to replace your sink, use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power to erase build-up, and make it shine like new.
- It’s not always possible to prevent grease splatter, and the kitchen backsplash takes the brunt of it. Rather than tearing down the existing tiling, breathe new life into it with the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power, which can help remove the build-up.
- The inside of the refrigerator has been through a lot, including spills and being occasionally exposed to over-ripened produce. To get the shelves and interior glistening, use Mr. Clean Concentrated Multi-Surface Cleaner.
- Keep your kitchen counters and islands looking shiny and untouched with Mr. Clean Concentrated Multi-Surface Cleaner.
- Use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power on the shower door to help remove hard water stains, cloudy build-up and soap scum; it will save you several hundred dollars versus replacing!
- If your bathroom counter doubles as your makeup box, you’re familiar with the residue that can come from powder and hair spray. Make sure your countertop shines with Mr. Clean Concentrated Multi-Surface Cleaner (even on the floors and walls).
- Buyers and sellers alike can see the value in a new bath tub. Use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power to clean the dirt, soap scum ring and discoloration that has built up and you’ll fool people into thinking you had it replaced.
- Swapping out cabinet hardware, particularly brass, is a great way to update a home. But, if your hardware just needs a face lift, use the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power to remove dirt and scuffs, and make it sparkle like new.
- Often times buying or selling means needing a fresh coat of paint. One trick to avoid the time and cost is to use a Mr. Clean
Magic Eraser Extra Power to swipe away scuffs, dirt and build-up from molding or trim, baseboards and doors!
- Floors can become dull and underwhelming over time. Before stripping up hardwood or tile, Mr. Clean Concentrated
Multi-Surface Cleaner can get them shining like new again! (Note: For finished wood use dilute only.)
- Winter months can take a toll on your fireplace. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power can help eliminate smudges and markings left around the hearth, wood trim and fireplace screen to return it to a like-new fireplace.
- Get creative with vintage pieces that no longer seem to have a use. Like bringing back to life a retro vinyl or plastic chair with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Extra Power to add unique and practical new décor pieces to your home. (Just be sure to test a small area with light pressure before use on antiques.)
- Still have crayon marks on your walls or remnants of how tall little Johnnie was each year? Help remove them with Mr. Clean
Magic Eraser Extra Power, but be sure to snap a picture first for posterity!
( Note: As with any cleaning product, we recommend testing a small area before using on an entire surface.)
Be sure to pin the image at the bottom of the post so it will be easy for you to come back and look at these tips as you find the need arises.
I do not know then just how valuable Jonathan and Mr Clean will be for me, but I find out a few days later when the local plumber’s workmen finally arrives. NOTE: All appliances in the utility/laundry room downstairs are fully operational before. Too bad that when he says goodbye and leaves all is not well after. Somehow there is no electricity in the laundry room. Hmmm…. Inspection proves no appliances work – washer, dryer, or freezer. The wash smells. The stocked freezer – full of food – smells even worse.
Thank goodness I had the kit that Property Brother Jonathan gave me. Rags, kit complete with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers and Mr. Clean Liquid Muscle Liquid Gel, camera in hand, I pass them all to hubby, wave him a quick goodbye , and exit. Like Mother Hubbard, the cupboard is bare and our stomachs are rumbling.
I contact owner of the company immediately and get a run around. Like Henley says, ” They point their crooked little fingers at everybody else.” Hubby and I throw away a freezer full of food and then wait almost two weeks before they finally restore power. Electrician, plumber, and a whole lotta people cryin’ “Don’t blame me….” Of course no one would take responsibility for the blown circuit breaker.
FINAL THOUGHTS: Jonathan Scott is a keeper; Mr. Clean is also a keeper; I guarantee from experience that #5 on the #15MINRENOTIPS delivers.