The product(s) featured in this post was provided at no cost to me. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts on this site, like this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a SMALL (and I do mean small) commission IF you purchase the product or service.
Any night is a good night for a game night. The holiday season presents even more opoortunities for family fun as there are more opportunities to spend time together. Winning Moves Games is a leading maker of board games, card games, and puzzles whose mission is to provide happiness to consumers by offering Classic, Retro, Cool and Fun games for play with friends and family. Rubik’s Triamid, Pictureka! Card Game, Rubik’s Junior Bear and Rubik’s Build It Solve It are just four games from Winning Moves Games that make great gifts!
GIFT IDEA – Pictureka!® Card Game
- Ages: 6 and up
- Players: 2 or more
- Contents: 78 Pictures Cards, 32 Mission Cards and Illustrated Instructions
- Purchase for $11.95 on the Winning Moves Games website OR purchase on Amazon.
The four different games vary in pace from the high-energy “Alphabetic” to the calmer “Matchureka”. The cunning “Cow’s Creative Combo” will give the creative side of your brain a workout, while “8-Away” race game will have players in an all-out frenzy.
OBJECT OF THE GAME: Each of 4 fabulous card games has a different objective and pace.
- ALPHABETTI: A find-it-first frenzy. Find a picture starting with a letter. The letter is “A”. Can you find a card with an Apple or Airplane? As soon as anyone spots something, shout “Picture”!
- MATCHUREKA: Find 2 cards that match the mission. “Something from the sea” – find a shark on one card and a boat on another. “Picture!” you’ve done it!
- 8-Away: a rousing race of a game that gets everyone flustered! get rid of all 8 of your cards by spotting mission pictures on them. First to run out of cards wins. Everyone plays at the same time.
- COW’S CREATIVE COMBO: combine cards to complete your mission. Your job is to match 3 picture cards to either one of the missions on your mission card. You GET to choose which one!
Rubik’s Build It Solve It Building Kit
- Ages: 8 and up
- Players: 1
- Contents: 60 plastic tiles, 1 mini-screwdriver, 7 spacer rings, 7 metal springs, 7 metal screws, 18 corner cube pieces, 13 edge pieces, 6 center cubes, 6 core axel rods, 2 core halves, 1 core center spacer, vac tray, Build It instructions and You Can Do The Rubiks Cube Solution Booklet.
- Purchase for $24.95 on the Winning Moves Games website OR purchase on Amazon.
Ever wanted to know how a Rubiks Cube is made? Now you can make your own and learn how to solve it at the same time!
The Rubik’s cube has baffled fans for over 40 years. Ever wanted to know how a Rubik’s cube is made? with the Rubik’s “build it solve it” kit you will unlock the secrets of the Rubik’s cube and master it! now you can make your own and learn how to solve it at the same time! the Rubik’s “build it solve it” kit comes with all the parts necessary to build your own Rubik’s cube. Easy “how to” instructions, plastic cube pieces and tiles (including some spares), center core pieces, metal screws, Springs and screwdriver – all organized in a handy storage tray. Once you’ve built your cube, turn to the “you can do the Rubik’s cube” booklet and learn how to solve it! by learning how to build your own Rubik’s cube, you will greatly improve your understanding of how this fascinating puzzle functions, literally from the inside out
Rubik’s Junior Bear
- Ages: 4 and up
- Players: 1
- Contents: 1 Rubik’s Junior Bear puzzle
- Purchase for $12.95 on the Winning Moves Games website OR purchase on Amazon.
The easy-to-grip Bear is much simpler than the original Rubik’s Cube and will entertain kids with every twist and turn! Think of it as a “training” cube.
- Easy Rubik’s cube designed in the shape of a bear
- Encourages fine motor skills, visual-spatial skills, problem-solving, logic
- Get head start on a future of Rubik’s Cube mastery!
- Only a few mix-up possibilities – The solution is always only a few twists away
GIFT IDEA – Rubik’s Triamid
- Ages: 8 and up
- Players: 1
- Contents: 10 individual pieces and 4 black joining sections.
- Purchase for $17.95 on the Winning Moves Games website OR purchase on Amazon.
A triangular Rubiks puzzle – but with some key differences. There are of 10 individual pieces, four joining sections, and four colorful sides that need to be solved.
HINT: One of the features that makes the Rubik’s Triamid difficult for a first-time user is the fact that about one third of the pieces’ sides are hidden from view (they are inside of the Triamid). You will see many colors that aren’t important to solving the puzzle. To solve the Rubik’s Triamid, you must recognize which pieces are CORNERS and which pieces are EDGES. First, put the corners in their places and then solve the edges. Because of its versatility in moves, the Rubik’s Triamid can be solved from any starting position.
- Rubik’s triamid engages students in 3D thinking