The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
Some of the posts on this site, like this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a SMALL (and I do mean small) commission IF you purchase the product or service.
- Blu-ray/DVD Release Date: February 23, 2016
- Rated: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Run Time: 94 minutes
- Number of discs: 1
- Studio: Walt Disney Studios
- ASIN: B016P2RG0I
- Purchase on Amazon and in select retail stores
The story is about Arlo, a small, young dinosaur. Arlo is part of a loving family of dinosaurs. Being the smallest of three children, it is not clear to him how or when he will “make his mark”. Arlo’s father encourages him to help chase down the creature that’s been stealing their food. The creature turns out to be a young human. Arlo cannot bring himself to kill the creature. Chase ensues and the father and son wind up by the river, where a sudden storm kills the father. Feeling responsible, Arlo is more certain than ever that he will not make his mark. He encounters the young human again and gives chase, winding up down by the river once again. Arlo falls in and gets swept down the river.
Arlo comes to in an area unfamiliar to him. The young human is also there, and follows Arlo. The two begin to form a bond, with Arlo naming the boy Spot. Arlo and Spot continue to try to find their way back to Arlo’s farm. They meet up with a number of other creatures, some of them very mean and some intimidating but not so mean. The two will have to really work together to survive out there in the wild.
This movie is a great choice for family movie night. In my opinion it will be a classic. The movie is quite relatable when it comes to emotions, feelings and even some self-doubt. To see if Arlo and spot make it home together and if they have a happy ending, grab a copy of The Good Dinosaur and a bowl of popcorn and settle in for some good stuff. And be sure to have a few tissues handy while you’re at it.
From the innovative minds of Disney-Pixar comes a hilariously heartwarming adventure about the power of confronting and overcoming your fears and discovering who you are meant to be. THE GOOD DINOSAUR asks the question: what if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely, and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? In this epic journey into the world of dinosaurs, an apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of. Bring home this original story full of humor, heart, action and imagination, perfect for the whole family!
- Theatrical Short: “Sanjay’s Super Team”
- The Filmmakers’ Journey: Director Peter Sohn And Team Share Their Experience Of Making The Movie
- Hide And Seek: Watch A Short Animated Promotional Clip
- True Lies About Dinosaurs: Learn What Separates The Movie’s Dinosaurs From Real Ones
- Recyclosaurus: The Crew Competes To Create The Best Dinosaur Ever… From Discarded Items!
- Every Part Of The Dinosaur: Explore The Movie’s Special Animation Challenges
- Following The T-Rex Trail: Meet The Family Who Inspired The T-Rex Ranchers
- Deleted Scenes With Intros: View Scenes Developed For Previous Versions Of The Movie
- And More!
Here’s a clip called Finding The Roar.