The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me. This post has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced in any way.
I don’t recall mentioning it before but I was a Girl Scout for many years. I had some good times, and I think it’s a great girls program. Plus, they makde amazing cookies, right! Recently I learned that a new line of Girl Scout Friendship Dolls has been introduced by YOTTOY. The new dolls are designed to be both positive role model and playmate.
“We’re so excited to introduce families all across the country to our inspiring new collection of Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls that offer positive role models and playmates for today’s girls and tweens,” said Kate Karcher Clark, President and Founder, YOTTOY. “These dolls embrace the Girl Scouts mission to ‘build girls of courage, confidence and character,’ while emphasizing the power of friendship. Girls can do anything when they work together as friends and respect one another, and we designed these dolls to help boost their self-esteem and encourage them to be themselves and make the world a better place.”
“We’re pleased to be working with YOTTOY to develop a doll that is uplifting for girls and that celebrates their uniqueness and individuality,” said Barry Horowitz, Chief Merchandise Officer, Girl Scouts of the USA. “Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls are empowering and supportive of healthy attitudes for girls as they grow, develop their personal character, and gain confidence in themselves. They are a great way for us to share the fun of Girl Scouts with even more girls.”
Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls are designed to grow with girls. Each doll proudly wears the iconic Girl Scouts sash and comes complete with dozens of detailed stickers with awards, insignia, troop numerals, pins, and badges, so girls can personalize the doll’s sash to match their own achievements, or set their own goals for the Girl Scout experience. Each doll is packaged in a color-coordinated box that showcases her favorite Girl Scouts activities – and even her favorite Girl Scout Cookie!
This new trio of friends includes:
- Dresses in a bright purple and light blue Girl Scout knit tee, velour shorts with twill cuffs decorated with the Girl Scout Trefoil design, striped pink leggings and vivid purple vinyl shoes with lavender grosgrain ribbon and light blue corduroy fabric soles
- Loves being a Girl Scout because “it teaches me to be honest and fair so I can make the world a better place!”
- Likes being active and setting goals to keep fit
- Favorite cookie-selling skill: Helping my troop and community
- Favorite cookie: Peanut butter & chocolate
- Wears a bright pink Girl Scout knit tee, blue twill cuffed shorts decorated with the Girl Scout Trefoil design and vivid light blue vinyl shoes that are trimmed with pink grosgrain ribbon and pink corduroy fabric soles
- Loves being a Girl Scout and “learning to be considerate and caring, so I can make the world a better place!”
- Likes listening to music and making her own songs
- Favorite cookie-selling skill: Talking, listening and working with different kinds of people
- Favorite cookie: Thin Mints®
- Dons a bright orange and teal Girl Scout knit tee, an orange velour skirt decorated with the Girl Scout Trefoil design and vivid yellow vinyl boots that feature Trefoil emblems and teal corduroy fabric soles.
- Loves being a Girl Scout and “learning to be courageous and strong, so I can make the world a better place!”
- Likes writing poems and stories to share with friends
- Favorite cookie-selling skill: Setting goals and organizing orders
- Favorite cookie: Caramel & coconut stripes
I received the Chloe Girl Scout Friendship Doll. Contributing editor Lara has a daughter that is a Girl Scout so I asked her to check out the doll and to share her thoughts.
The Girl Scouts Friendship Doll is a very soft doll. She comes in a box that includes stickers of badges and insignia that your little one can put on the doll’s sash. Chloe likes listening to music and making her own songs,. Her favorite cookie is the Thin Mint, and her cookie selling skills are talking, listening, and working with different people. A just started Daisys and LOVES Chloe. When getting her sash ready we put A’s troop number on her sash. The stickers seem to stick very well. The challenge that I see is running out of space on the sash for the badges. It’s nice that the badges are stickers as that means they can be changed and removed from the sash but I am not sure how they’ll hold up in the long run. Overall this a really cute doll for any Girl Scout and would make a great holiday gift.
Girl Scouts Friendship Dolls have a SRP of $19.99 each. The dolls are now available at WalMart stores nationwide and online at Girlscoutshop.com, Walmart.com and YOTTOY.com.
Is your child (or yourself as a child) involved in Girl Scouts?