- DVD Release Date: February 8, 2011
- Rated: PG (Parental Guidance Suggested)
- Run Time: 105 minutes
- Number of discs: 2
- Studio: Touchstone Pictures
- ASIN: B0049TC894
For Marnie (Kristen Bell), high school was a horror movie, and her brother’s wedding is the sequel when her archrival comes back to haunt her as his bride. Its nice girl versus mean girl in this hysterical reunion with the one person Marnie would really like to forget. And if that weren’t enough, Marnie’s mom (Jamie Lee Curtis) reunites with her own high school nemesis (Sigourney Weaver). Complete with hilarious, never-before-seen bonus material, You Again is one crazy comedy that’ll keep you laughing again and again.
The basis of the story, a girl getting picked up by her high school classmates and the way it effects the rest of her life, is very believable. I was that one girl in high school, so I was totally able to relate. I loved Kristen Bell as Marnie, the girl who moved away from her hometown because of the misery classmates caused her. Riding high from a promotion, she returns home a gorgeous successful woman for her brother’s wedding, only to discover that her brother (James Wolk) is marrying Joanna – “the warden”, the cheerleader that led the other girls in picking on her. Marnie feels it’s her responsibility to protect her brother, who believes that Joanna (Odette Yustman) is a kind and charitable person. Marnie seems to find no support from family in her attempts to expose her nemesis. Little does she know that her own mother had a rivalry of sorts, with Joanna’s Aunt Ramona (Sigourney Weaver). One calamity after another occurs, one being a run in with bees that leaves Marnie looking just like she did in high school. Marnie plots Joanna’s downfall, timed to happen at the wedding. Will the wedding go off as planned? You’ll have to watch it for yourself to find out the ending but I can tell you that Marnie’s father (Victor Garber) ends up grounding Marnie and her mom and sending them to their rooms. We laughed a lot and really enjoyed this movie.
Here’s a clip from the movie called “Same Dress”.
* FOLLOWING FICKMAN: ON SET WITH THE DIRECTOR: Peer into the madcap mind of Hollywood’s wackiest director, Andy Fickman, as he orchestrates thecomedy of Kristen Bell, Sigourney Weaver, Jamie Lee Curtis and Betty White.
* ASK THE CAST: Jaime Lee Curtis, Betty White, Sigourney Weaver and Kristen Bell answer questions from fans asking for advice. Betty’s advise might not be what you expect.
* FUNNY OR DIE: In this behind-the-scenes interview spoof, Jaime Lee Curtis, Betty White, Sigourney Weaver, Odette Yustman and KristenBell discuss the movie when things get tense between the actresses eventually boiling over into a cast fight.
* DELETED SCENES: Director Andy Fickman provides intros to his deleted scenes “Sharing A Room,” “Photo Album Memories,” and “Riding The Silk.”
Everything on the DVD plus…
* BLOOPER DANCE PARTY: On-set antics abound as the cast dances to their own beat.
* ADDITIONAL DELETED SCENES: Director Andy Fickman provides intros to his deleted scenes. “Good Morning Sunshine,” “Grandma Bunny’s House (featuring Betty White),” “Meet Georgia King (with Betty White),” “Gail’s Shower/Ramona’s Dress,” “The Compost Heap (with Betty White),” “Covered In Lard (with Betty White),” “Bridal Shower (with Betty White),” “After The Fiasco,”
* FOLLOWING FICKMAN: ON SET WITH THE DIRECTOR
* ASK THE CAST
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.