The product(s) featured in this post was provided at no cost to me. Please note that, as always, any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way. Some of the posts on this site, like this one, contain an affiliate link. Affiliate links are used in an attempt to offset the operational costs incurred by running this website. Clicking on an affiliate link does not increase the cost of the product for you if you buy it. It does mean that I MAY make a SMALL commission if you purchase the item.
If you’ve been reading Mom Knows It All for a while then you know I have pets. Many of us form incredible bonds with our pets, and consider them to be family. A Dog’s Journey is a feel-good movie for any pet lover, or anyone that appreciates a heartwarming, good story. It would be a great holiday gift for any movie collector, pet lover or someone with a family.
- Release Date: August 20, 2019
- Rated: PG Parental Guidance Suggested
- Run Time: 109 minutes
- Number of discs: 2
- Studio: Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
- ASIN: B07RNYJQ1R
- Purchase on Amazon
Picking up where A Dog’s Purpose left off, A Dog’s Journey, continues the tale of lovable farm dog Bailey, as he finds a new destiny and forms an unbreakable bond, and learns that some friendships transcend lifetimes. A hit with audiences, who rated it an “A” CinemaScore, the movie is “a must-see for any dog lover” (Chuck Yarborough, The Plain Dealer) and the perfect choice for family viewing, teaching universal lessons about the values of friendship and devotion. “Pawsitively” uplifting from start to finish, A Dog’s Journey features over 30 minutes of bonus content including deleted and extended scenes, a hilarious gag reel and featurettes with the cast and a behind the scenes look at the memorable animal performances.
Bailey (voiced again by Josh Gad; Beauty and the Beast, Frozen) is living the good life on the Michigan farm of his former “boy” now grown to manhood, Ethan (Dennis Quaid; A Dog’s Purpose, I Can Only Imagine) and Ethan’s wife Hannah (Marg Helgenberger; “C.S.I.,” “Under the Dome”). He even has a new playmate: Ethan and Hannah’s baby granddaughter, CJ (Kathryn Prescott; “24: Legacy”). Everything is great on the farm until CJ’s mom, Gloria (Betty Gilpin, Isn’t It Romantic, “GLOW”), decides to take CJ away and chase her own fulfillment in the big city. Ethan asks Bailey to watch over CJ wherever she goes and thus begins Bailey’s adventure through multiple lives filled with love, friendship and devotion as he, CJ, and CJ’s best friend Trent (Henry Lau; Internationally famous pop star) experience joy and heartbreak, music and laughter, and few really good belly rubs.
Directed by Emmy winner Gail Mancuso (“Modern Family”), A Dog’s Journey is produced by Gavin Polone (A Dog’s Purpose), and written by W. Bruce Cameron & Cathryn Michon, and Maya Forbes & Wally Wolodarsky, based on the best-selling novel by Cameron.
Cast: Marg Helgenberger, Betty Gilpin, Henry Lau, Kathryn Prescott with Dennis Quaid and Josh Gad
Music By: Mark Isham
Edited By: Robert Komatsu ACE
Production Designer: Eric Fraser
Director of Photography: Rogier Stoffers ASC, NSC
Executive Producers: Seth William Meier, Lasse Hallström, Luyuan Fan, Wei Zhang
Produced By: Gavin Polone
Based on the Novel By: W. Bruce Cameron
Screenplay By: W. Bruce Cameron & Cathryn Michon and Maya Forbes & Wally Wolodarsky
Directed By: Gail Mancuso
BONUS FEATURES ON BLU-RAYTM, DVD & DIGITAL:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- It’s Gonna Work
- A Song for Molly
- You Can Stay Here
- Just Do the Laundry
- Let’s Get Started
- Gloria Looks at Henry’s Things
- This Place is Huge
- It’s Really Happening
- I’ve Loved You Forever
- Gag Reel
- A DOG’S Sequel – New and returning cast members discuss their roles in A Dog’s Journey and share their appreciation for director Gail Mancuso.
- Everyone’s Best Friend – Sit down with the cast to hear about their life-long love of man’s best friend.
- Working with Dogs – Cast and crew share the joys of working with animal-actors.
- A Healing Journey – Josh Gad, Dennis Quaid and others discuss the bond between dogs and humans.
- Scoring the JOURNEY – Director Gail Mancuso and composer Mark Isham discuss the music in the film.
- Feature Commentary with Director Gail Mancuso
A Dog’s Journey will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital.
- Blu-rayTM delivers a pristine HD picture and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
Here’s the trailer.
Follow along on social media.