Not long ago I reviewed Scrabble Slam. Now there’s a new version, Scrabble Turbo Slam!
ABOUT SCRABBLE TURBO SLAM
SCRABBLE TURBO SLAM is a game of fast and furious word building. Borrowing elements from the classic crossword game, Scrabble Turbo Slam offers laugh-out-loud fun for the whole family. Speed is the name of the game as players race to create four-letter words and get rid of their cards as quickly as possible.
Game Objective: Race to get rid of all the cards being held by using them to build on top of a four-letter word. Be the first player to get rid of all cards to win.
- Start with a four-letter word, such as “G-A-M-E.”
- Turn on the TURBO SLAM unit to activate the timer.
- Players begin simultaneously by slamming down their letter cards on top of the base word to create new words. For example “G-A-M-E” becomes “F-A-M-E.” Players yell the words they create.
- During the game, players must race to be the first to hit the TURBO SLAM unit when they hear the turbo sound. The first to hit the SLAM button will get an action card.
- Players must think fast and act quickly to get rid of their card first, or they’ll be out of the game before they can say SLAM!
- Electronic timer adds more frantic fun and excitement
- Four new action cards ad game-changing fun!
Scrabble Turbo Slam retails for approximately $14.99 and is available at mass merchandise retailers nationwide.
This is definitely faster paced than Scrabble Slam. Scrabble Slam is played with cards as well, but the gameplay is not controlled by the electronic device. I dd notice that it was much more difficult for my son to cheat and win, which I appreciated. The game is pretty fun, the sound effects can be funny.
The product(s) featured in this post was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review OR inclusion in a gift guide. This review has not been monetarily compensated. Please note that as always any personal opinions reflected in this post are my own and have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.