Tired of looking at your boring old bathroom but not sure how to change it on a budget? It’s not as hard as you think! Although the bathroom is one of the more expensive rooms to renovate, it can actually be one of the more affordable rooms to change the look of. Redecoration does not include repairing anything that may need repair or updating, such as a shower head. Redecorating is making some purely cosmetic changes to give the room a new and improved appearance. By using one or more of the easy bathroom decorating ideas below you’ll give the room a completely different look.
Some of the posts on this site, like this one, contain an affiliate link. This means I MAY get paid a SMALL (and I do mean small) commission IF you purchase the product or service.
- Replace your old shower curtain with a new shower curtain. If you cannot find a shower curtain pattern that you really like, consider using a regular curtain. You can hang a regular curtain on a ttension rod with a shower liner. Don’t forget the shower curtain hooks, they can make a noticeable difference too.
- Change the towels and rugs to a new color, design or pattern that either matches or accents the shower curtain.
- Add some plants to the bathroom. Many natural plants will thrive in this type of environment. Should you have a less than green thumb, you could even add some artificial plants instead.
- Add a few candles to the bathroom. Candles are pretty and add warmth, even when they aren’t lit. Choose candles that either match or accent the design of the shower curtain, rugs and towels.
- Add splashes of color by adding a variety of bath soap and bath bombs. These items will add a nice scent to the bathroom and can be used over tie and easily replaced as needed.
- If your bathroom is older, consider replacing the faucet in the sink. A new faucet can add a bright and modern look.
- If the knobs and handles on your cabinets are worn or damaged, replace them with new ones. It’s surprising what a big difference changing out something small like a knob or hinge can make.
- If your bathroom is dark consider changing the light fixture to something that will either illuminate more or reflect more. The right lighting can make a difference in how you look at your bathroom and even at yourself.
- Another thing you can do to change the look of your bathroom is paint. A fresh, new coat of paint can make a big difference, whether you switch to a new color or just freshen the old one.
- If you want to give your cabinets a completely different appearance, consider refinishing them or painting them.
By using some or all of the easy bathroom decorating ideas provided above, your bathroom will soon look fresh and bright. Redecorating a bathroom can be very easy. When you’re finished you will feel good about the new look and be ready to tackle another room.