How To Make Your Own CD Envelopes
Today we have a great freebie for you!! CD Envelopes!
You can turn a CD Envelope into a coordinating card by following the instructions below. It is easy and fun and gives you just another way to use these fun templates. Remember that if you are going to print a sentiment on the inside of your card you should place your print on the upper half of the page and it should be UPSIDE DOWN.
Using MyMemories Software to Customize your CD Envelope
Download template file and install it into your software
Using MyMemories Suite, choose Create Album From Designer Template and find your project
Now you can print and enjoy the provided template, or customize it with your own papers and embellishments.
You can right-click on the white guide and lock it in place to keep it from moving while you are working. Make sure this is the top layer of your project before printing.
Instead of adding the paper as a background paper, you can add it as an embellishment so that you can move the paper around. This is especially useful when using papers with stripes or circles, so you can decide which part of the paper you want to use.
Once it is added as an embellishment, you can now select the paper and move it into the position you want it.
Just SAVE and PRINT on cardstock!
CD Envelope Tutorial
Print your CD envelope and card on cardstock and gather supplies. (Recommended supplies: craft knife, cutting mat, metal edged ruler, small scissors, glue runner, bone folder)
2. Start with the card and fold on the fold guides in the middle of the page. You do not need to fold anywhere else for the card, because the rest will be cut off.
3. With the card folded in half, use the metal edged ruler and craft knife and cut along the bottom edge and the sides. Cut about ¼” in from the printed edge. This will make your card slightly smaller than the envelope so it will fit inside.
4. Now you have a finished card.
5. Next are the instructions on making the envelope. Take the printed envelope and fold on all fold lines. There should be a total of 4 folds.
6. Cut along the outside edges using scissors.
7. Fold the 2 side flaps in towards the middle and apply glue along the side edges of the back piece.
8. Push the back piece up to adhere the sides and the back together. This will form your envelope.
9. You can now write inside your card and put a name on the front of the envelope and you are ready to share your fun card and envelope. Enjoy!!
If you’re really interested in digital scrapbooking, be sure to check out My Memories Suite v3 . It can be purchased online and retails for $39.97. If you use coupon code STMMMS45174 you will receive $10 when checking out.
About the Author (Author Profile)
NJ Mom of 2 boys. Social media enthusiast. Blogger. Freelance marketing. I lLove cats. Ds Advocate. Listening to Hinder, P Roach & Rev Theory and lots of Oleander.
My name is Valerie, but I go by valmg online.
I am a mother to 2 boys – TJ, a 17 year old, and CJ, a 13 year old with Down Syndrome.
I am a Jersey girl. I have three younger brothers, all of whom have children.
I HATE the misuse of the word retarded. I take it personally and find it very offensive.