2010 HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE AND GIVEAWAY – Time For Kids That’s Awesome! The World’s Most Amazing Facts & Records
Time For Kids That’s Awesome! The World’s Most Amazing Facts & Records
- Reading level: Ages 9-12
- Hardcover: 208 pages
- Publisher: Time For Kids (October 5, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1603201564
- ISBN-13: 978-1603201568
Time Home Entertainment Inc. and the editors of TIME For Kids present That’s Awesome! (Time Home Entertainment, Inc., October 5, 2010, $19.95, Ages 8 and up), a brand-new book that collects the world’s most amazing facts and records into one wild romp of a book for kids.
That’s Awesome! brings kids awesome facts and records guaranteed to impress and remain with the reader long after they are finished with the book. Written in an authoritative, age-appropriate and clear style, That’s Awesome! incorporates fascinating photos and diagrams for which TIME and TIME For Kids are known.
That’s Awesome! is divided into kid-appealing subject areas, including the most “awesome” aspects of sports, extreme geography, the world of plants and animals, the human body, technology, history, art and the most expensive items in the world –from autos to planes to toys. That’s Awesome! hasn’t forgotten the gross factor that children love, such as the smelliest bug on Earth or titan beetles that can snap a pencil in half. Besides facts-at-a-glance and detailed photo captions, articles from TIME For Kids magazine provide background and the inside scoop on various topics. The lively writing engages and entertains readers as they learn about the world around them.
Included in That’s Awesome!:
* Awesome Size – Although humans like super-sized French fries and monster TV sets, sometimes small items are just as much fun. Every size has its place in this awesome world. How do you measure up to daunting dinosaurs, the world’s largest Ferris wheel or tallest building, or the smallest gecko?
* Awesome Price Tags – What does it cost to take a roundtrip voyage to the International Space Station? What items are worth their awesome price tags? You decide if the price is right.
* Awesome Sports – Whether you’re a player or a fan, whether you compete with muscle or brain power, there are more awesome sports and competitions today than ever before. From extreme sports to perfect scores, what record will be broken next?
* Awesome Eats – The world is full of awesome eats, including eel soda, saliva soup and insects. What are some of the most unusual dishes to eat?
* Awesome Weather and Other Forces of Nature – Earthquakes, volcanoes and avalanches are only some of the most awesome forces of nature. How do we protect ourselves from unavoidable events and why do they occur?
* Awesome Human Body – The human body is truly an awesome machine made up of many parts that work in extraordinary ways. Discover some surprising facts about what the body can do.
* And much more!
“With each page of That’s Awesome!, children and parents will discover incredible photos, fascinating facts and amazing information that will surprise readers of all ages,” said Bob Der, Editorial Director, TIME for Kids. “As they delve in together, we have a hunch they will continue to say, ‘that’s awesome!’”
TIME For Kids That’s Awesome! engages and entertains readers as they learn about the world around them, making it a must-have book to satisfy the most curious of kids.
I’m a great believer in both education and reading. To this day one of TJ’s favorite things to do is read through world records. He’s happy that he’s finding interesting pieces of trivia. I’m happy that he’s learning and doesn’t even know it. That’s Awesome is another book that has the capability to help children learn. The pages are full of easy to read text and bright, colorful pictures. Thousands of facts are sprinkled throughout the book. When I opened it I actually got so engrossed in checking it out that before I knew it 45 minutes had gone by. I like the way the book is divided into categories on topics including Size, Price Tags, Animals & Plants, Sports, Eats, Space, Weather, Collections, Jobs, Technology, Human Body, History and Mysteries. This book is sure to make a great Christmas gift for any child.
ONE winner will receive a copy of the book Time For Kids That’s Awesome! The World’s Most Amazing Facts & Records.
HOW TO ENTER. (MANDATORY)
To enter leave a comment on this post telling me who you’d give this book to if you won.
BONUS ENTRIES – LOTS OF THEM!
1 – Subscribe to my newsletter. (sidebar)
1 – Subscribe to my RSS feed. (sidebar)
1 – Follow me on Twitter AND leave your Twitter name here. (sidebar)
1 – Tweet this giveaway.
1 – Friend me on Facebook. (sidebar)
1 – Blog about this giveaway, including a link here.
1 – Place my button on your blog. (in sidebar)
1 – Visit one of my other blogs – From Val’s Kitchen, Val’s Views and Game Review Network – and leave a comment on any post there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned there. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry.
1 – Visit HereAndThere.US (my Mom) and leave a comment on any post (except a giveaway post) there. Then return here and leave a comment on this post telling me one thing you read or learned on my Mom’s blog. (That’s two comments you need to leave for this bonus entry, one there and one here.) Unlimited entries for this method of entry. Leave an additional comment for each entry you qualify for. You must have completed the first entry according to the instructions to be eligible for any bonus entries.
THE SMALL PRINT.
US addresses only please, no PO Boxes. This contest will end on Saturday 10/09/10 at 11:59 pm est. If you’ve entered any of my giveaways before then you know that only comments containing all of the requested information will be eligible for entry. The winner must contact me to confirm they wish to receive the prize within two days of my email notifying them they’ve won. Good luck to everyone!
The product(s) featured in this review was provided free of cost to me for the sole purpose of product testing and review. This review has not been monetarily compensated and is based on the views and opinions of my family and/or self. Please note that the opinions reflected in this post have not been influenced by the sponsor in any way.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.